Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Analysis of Quote from Act 1 Scene 4:

"If good why do i yield to that suggestion,
  Whose horrid image doth unfix my hair
  And make my seated heart knock at my ribs,"

in this part of the act it is where self doubt begins to creep into the heart of the Macbeth  he is questioning the effects of the witches prophesy. this is shown to us through his recurring questioning. "why do i yield..." in this quote it seems as he is saying that this uncertainty of the prophesies has caused him to lose his mind. that all that are left are his body and emotions, these are the ones which is left to judge his actions. but on the other hand it seems that Macbeth has indirectly been discarding the effects on when ones overwhelmed with adrenaline. "unfix my hair" and"seated heart knock at my ribs" helps me to speculate. such feelings can be gained through the act of murder, foreshadowing the later acts of Macbeth.

urm so this is all i can say... dont really know much else.

JO

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! Just a hint, use the built in spell-check to correct your typing errors. And remember class, this blog is live, which means others will be accessing it via search engines. Make sure presentation is also good!

    Miss Galip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know how to publish on this blog. If I haven't figured it out by tonight, I'll try do it for tomorrow.
    Hasan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite easy once you get into the user area. If you have problems just let me know tomorrow.

    Miss Galip

    ReplyDelete